Our mission is research and development of recording, modulation and restoration of brain functions.
Main themes are as follows,
1) Research and development of recording and analysis methods of magnetoencephalography
2) Research and development of implantable wireless brain-machine interfaces
3) Research and development of neural informatics, modulation and restoration related to 1) and 2).
- Nikkei Electronics showed our BMI research in the July 2021 issue. 2021.06.20
- JiMED, a start-up company founded by Prof. Hirata that aims to obtain medical approval of the implantable BMI system raised approximately 2 million dollars of funding. 2021.03.31
- JiMED, a start-up company founded by Prof. Hirata joins the collaborative research with NDR. 2021.03.31
- [ISACM2022] The International Society for Clinical Magnetoencephalography (Chairman Masayuki Hirata) will be held in Osaka, Japan, June 1-4, 2022. 2020.12.03
- Professor Hirata was awarded Healthy Longevity Global Competition, International Catalyst Award by U.S. National Academy of Medicine. 2020.10.15